Re: Offline systems

Peter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to setup a few servers(30+) on  intranet network and NONE(not
> even a master server or anything like that) of them having internet access.
>
> What is best approach so I can still install packages on demand ?
>
> Try to make custom repo  ? But in this case what will be the proper
> procedure to update the repo ?
>
> What is your advice ?

I'm assuming you have internet access somewhere else, and can
regularly download packages to removable media, then bring it
back to your isolated network.

You can use apt-mirror to bring over new packages to the
removable media, then move it over to a server on your network
which can be set up as the apt server for the other machines.

aptly may be useful in accepting the new packages and publishing
them locally.

-dsr-