dist-upgrade wants to deinstall lots of packages?

Hi folks,

of course, apt-get full-upgrade sometimes wants to deinstall some packages, but this here is strange. Take a look:

---

apt-get full-upgrade

Really? You want deinstall packages like wicd*, zenmap, d-rats? This looks weired for me, as there is no success for wicd (network-manager is really pita at the moment), and for zenmap, I believe, lot of people might miss it. Hmm, maybe I am too serious, but maybe there might be a way to keep these packages? (aptitude hold will, I know, I know). It looks for me, it is just a dependencyproblem, with python2-packages, maybe these will also run with python3? If so, maybe the dependencies can be changed?

Wicd is removed from the repo, I know, but there is no alternative for it. If you believe so, then try to let your dad or mum to connect to the internet with an alternative you think is working. Try an alternative as easy as for wicd-curses. Think you find none.

For myself, I can handle it, but not all debian users are well experienced. Think of them, please.

Just my thoughts. :)

Have fun!

Best

Hans