Re: Bug in Clamav Package

On Vi, 11 sep 20, 07:26:21, Volker Bäurer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I use the Clamav/Buster. When restarting the service I get:
>
> "... mkdir[17696]: /bin/mkdir: cannot create directory '/run/clamav': File exists"
>
> This message is useless because the directory exists and I have seen it since Btretch. Perhaps it was current already bevore.
>
> To get rid o fit, I changed in /etc/systemd/system/clamav-daemon.service.d/extend.conf
>
> Edit:ExecStartPre=-/bin/mkdir /run/clamav
> Edit:ExecStartPre=-/bin/mkdir -p /run/clamav
>
> because the /etc/init.d/clamav-daemon already contains "mkdir -p".

Hello,

This is the user support list, which is the recommended contact point in
case you are not sure if a bug exists and/or where it belongs.

In this particular case you seem to have diagnosed the issue and found a
fix for it. I would recommend you use 'reportbug' to report this against
the appropriate package ('clamav-daemon'?).

Kind regards,
Andrei