Re: LEAN Debian install: Exploring task selection menu

On 09/09/2020 12:12 PM, Brian wrote:
On Wed 09 Sep 2020 at 19:56:05 +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:

On Mi, 09 sep 20, 08:27:13, Richard Owlett wrote:

   1. Download bandwidth or data cap constraints.
      {aggravated by treating "recommends" as "depends"}

If you are referring to package maintainers declaring Depends on other
packages where it should be just a Recommends, do note it is often a
side effect of users disabling automatic installation of Recommends and
then complaining about missing functionality.

I believe the OP is referring to debootstrap's inability to install only
Depends:.

No. Apt and cousins allow not installing recommends. There was a recent thread where someone stated that option not available when installing the system. More when I wake up.