Re: LEAN Debian install: Exploring task selection menu

On Mi, 09 sep 20, 08:27:13, Richard Owlett wrote:

>   1. Download bandwidth or data cap constraints.
>      {aggravated by treating "recommends" as "depends"}

If you are referring to package maintainers declaring Depends on other
packages where it should be just a Recommends, do note it is often a
side effect of users disabling automatic installation of Recommends and
then complaining about missing functionality.

Please do file bugs anyway if you are aware of such cases (Depends
instead of Recommends), even if it might end up as 'wontfix'.

> 1. How do I find which packages are explicitly installed by checking a
>    specific box {primarily Mate}?

As far as I recall this was answered in great detail in the thread about
tasks.

Kind regards,
Andrei