Re: Looking for a generic drag and drop gui for custom commands

On Mon, 7 Sep 2020 22:43:37 +0200
"Christoph K." <christoph@kobenetz.de> wrote:

> I'd like to "automate" a couple of tasks that I (until now) do on the
> command line manually. Examples include splitting of video files using
> ffmpeg, run backups with specific parameters, display checksums(md5),
> etc.
>
> I'm tired of typing the same long commands that I often need to look
> up in my wiki and just replace one or two parameters, usually just
> the file names.

Is there any reason it has to be a GUI tool? Much of what you want is
already in BASH.

To retrieve past command lines ready for editing and re-execution,
CTL-R.

To retrieve past command lines and edit them on the fly, FC.

http://charlescurley.com/blog/posts/2019/Aug/02/bash-line-editing/

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com