Re: Having filesystems mounted with the user option be owned by the user that mounts them?

On 5/9/20 3:56 am, Reco wrote:
or do the backups as root,
Nothing wrong with this approach, see below.

Preferable to have only root have the ability to change the backup.
Perhaps have some trusted users in a group that can read them, for
retrieval purposes.

If an user needs to be able to roll back a file s/he should be keeping
their own progress copies.

So users should not need access to backup more than once or twice a
year. - then why do more than a couple of leaders need access?  Or am I
getting paranoid.

Thankfully, I have not been responsible for any data other than my own
and better half.

--
Keith Bainbridge

ke1thozgroups@gmx.com