Re: folders (was Re: Why can't I move the document root for a site in Apache 2? [SOLVED])

On Tue, Sep 01, 2020 at 06:48:22AM -0400, The Wanderer wrote:
> On 2020-09-01 at 04:29, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
>
> > [1] Why people keep insisting in calling those things "folders" is
> >    beyond me. They don't "fold" anything, do they?
>
> As I understand matters, it's an extension of the "desktop" metaphor.

Yes, thanks for the reminder. My interjection was a bit... ironical.
I'm sometimes miffed by the idea that using kiddy language would make
computers more accessible.

I think it's an antipattern, but of course anyone's mileage may vary.

Cheers
-- t