Re: No irq handler for vector

On 08/28/2020 10:10 AM, john doe wrote:

> Will need to check on the power supply, no Rugrats in my home so I'm
> safe there!!! :)

I meant the people wot program the kernel. NOBODY is safe from those.

>> Might also be some part of the box(GPU?) overheating.
>>

> As far as I can tell, smartmontools and lm-sensors are not reporting
> something out of the usual.

You may not be able to tell.
It might be a missing driver feature or undocumented OEM hardware.
esp on laptops the cooling is often inadequate and to squeeze more
powerful cpus into smaller cases, they often dynamically throttle
down the processor speed. If that don't work, you might get
interrupts trying to signal overtemperature, but with nothing
there to interpret those.
And lm-sensors is notoriously buggy anyway.

> Any other idea(s)?

maybe chipset bugs, or some irq routing booboo.
It's all guesswork on my side.