Re: Get an error when i use new kernel

Hi,

i got an error about nvme yesterday when trying to rebase my first patch
from kernel 4.19 to 5.9-rc2.

  [1.099627] nvme nvme0: failed to set APST feature (-10)
  Gave up waiting for root filesystem device

The good news is that the very recent kernel version next-20200827
works for me. Kernel release 5.8 from torvalds git works for me too.
So it may be just a temporary glitch.

But i don't see a good suspect on
  https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commits/master/drivers/nvme
in the range of august 4 (v5.8) and yesterday.
The web has complaints about "APST feature (-19)" from last year.
That doesn't match either.

(I'm fiddling with recent kernels on advise from
 kernelnewbies@kernelnewbies.org. Myself is quite happy with 4.19.)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas