How to make dhclient reread its config? (Debian 10)

Dear Colleagues,

I've made some changes to /etc/dhcp/dhclient.conf, now I need to make
dhclient reread it (and apply the changes to /etc/resolv.conf).

There seems to be no dhclient service in systemd, and I don't find
any info about signalling dhclient with "kill -HUP" etc.

"dhclient -x" or "dhclient -r" bring the network down (I've actually
confirmed that on a test host), and I loathe to risk it on a remote box.
A reboot seems too radical.

Any ideas please?

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN