Re: Homebuilt NAS: System Drive Filesystem?

On Lu, 24 aug 20, 09:26:57, Patrick Bartek wrote:

> Since F2FS is not supported directly for an install, one would have to
> convert to it after or configure the flash drive with another computer
> before the install. I don't know if it is worth the time to do so.
> EXT4 without journaling would be easier.

The journal is written to only if the filesystem is written to as well.

Without having any other data than my own, admittedly limited,
experience[1] it doesn't seem worth disabling the journal, it is only
written when the filesystem is written to as well anyway.

[1] all my current systems are running from SD cards, with the only
optimisation being to not configure any swap.

Kind regards,
Andrei