Re: stretch vs iptables auto-start

Start here perhaps? https://wiki.debian.org/nftables

It should be relatively straightforward to move backward and forwards. Working as a systemd service means that it will start automatically if you're using systemd.

[When in doubt, check the Debian wiki for a topic - if that's no good, have a quick look at the Arch Linux wiki - as folk who build from source, they're good at documenting how things work.

All best, as ever,

Andy C.

On Mon, Aug 24, 2020 at 8:15 PM deloptes <deloptes@gmail.com> wrote:
Gene Heskett wrote:

> At the present time I have around 80 rules, all designed to deny the
> network spiders and bots that think they have to mirror my several
> giga-byte site, 2 or 3 times a day.  And that was eating up my bandwidth
> allocation on a slow net connection.
>
> Is there a tut someplace to guide one in converting from iptables to this
> newer nftables? I'm assumeing its a similar utility.

Sure, but I have not looked into ... I only read there will be a couple of
years transition period and somehow a compatibility layer is or can be
used.

Perhaps someone more in this can gives us a detail or a hint to a good
tutorial