stretch vs iptables auto-start

Greetings all;

Since the big conversion of file structs vs who owns what, which
apparently includes running rc.local as the logged in user and not as
root, that has hidden the iptables stuff from everybody but root since
its not now in the users $PATH.

So what is the best way to assure this stuff gets started during a reboot
or restart of X? Stuff that s/b running regardless of any X restarts
until the next full reboot?  Stretch, uptodate plus tde here.

Thanks.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis