Re: right after installation errors reported during booting (dmesg) ...

On Sat, Aug 22, 2020 at 03:38:59PM +0200, Albretch Mueller wrote:
> On 8/21/20, The Wanderer <wanderer@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> >  Wow. That's some dense, opaque code.
>
>  my only intention was to get something done as quickly as possible. I
> didn't even know that people cared about proper writing of bash
> script. Is there such a thing? Do people take it seriously?

Not enough, unfortunately.  Way too many people just throw together
some stuff that *looks* like it works (because they didn't test it
properly), and then it goes into production and becomes a landmine
just waiting to explode.

The code in question had several quoting errors, and was using internal
shell variables that didn't contain any lowercase letters.  Also, for
some reason, almost all of the variables began with the _ character.
I have no idea why, but it certainly doesn't help readability.

I didn't analyze it beyond that.