Re: Does Debian have a "nag" tool?

I've been using Remind for years (maybe decades).  It can handle all kinds of repeating reminders, not just annual dates (ie birthdays and anniversaries).  Very versatile.  It is a command line program, but comes with TkRemind (a GUI front end).  Best not to use the GUI for setting up reminders, though.  It doesn't have the versatility of doing it manually.

Marc

On Sat, Aug 15, 2020, 4:53 AM Joe <joe@jretrading.com> wrote:
On Sat, 15 Aug 2020 06:30:13 -0500
Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:

> Just missed girlfriend's birthday by 6 weeks :{
> [just sent a 'mea culpa' email.]
> Is there a better tool than "cron"?
>
> Just looked at its manpage.
> I'm looking for something slightly different.
>
> Independent of when I turn on or first do something after midnight on
> a specific date I want a reminder to be displayed unless I have taken
> a specific action.
>
> As:
>   1. I've known her for > 30 years.
>   2. I'm a _senior_ citizen.
>   3. She is a decade younger.
> I am about to receive just retribution.
>    [She'll claim I'm forgiven due to senility.]
>
> Wish to prevent such a response next year ;/
>
> TIA

Remind?

--
Joe