Re: Qualcomm Snapdragon X12 LTE Modem

On Tue, 18 Aug 2020 10:18:51 +0200
Grzesiek Sójka <pld@sojka.co> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> To be more specific: I already installed Debian Sid and the tablet is HP
> Elite X2 1013 G3. I'm trying to learn how to use the modem mentioned to
> connect to the internet.

Disclaimer: I have no experience with this sort of thing, but here are
some possible leads.

This post claims that LTE on that device works under linux:

https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/9sxymj/linux_driver_compatibility_with_modern_2in1/

You may need something like the 'libmbim-utils' package. Perhaps
this page will help you out:

https://gist.github.com/Juul/e42c5b6ec71ce11923526b36d3f1cb2c

Another option seems to be the 'modemmanager' package. This seems to be
a higher level tool (it has dependencies on some libmbim packages).

Celejar