Re: openssh-server

Hi Greg,
Sorry for lack of details in my response, it was just a tiring day because almost the whole day passed and finally the issue is at least temporarily resolved, and one gets somewhat forgetful. the firewall was enabled on the debian machine, and I am trying to connect to the debian machine from windows machine. After disabling firewall in debian machine ssh connection from the windows machine to debian machine (where the ssh server is located) works. However, I presume that disabling firewall makes the machine vulnerable, so this is not entirely a good solution. I am just reading firewall rules to set up firewall so that ssh connection would be allowed. Apologies if this is too simple a question.

Greg Wooledge <wooledg@eeg.ccf.org>, 17 Ağu 2020 Pzt, 21:17 tarihinde şunu yazdı:
On Mon, Aug 17, 2020 at 08:12:32PM +0200, john doe wrote:
> On 8/17/2020 8:04 PM, Semih Ozlem wrote:
> > And thanks to Greg for the quick response.
> >
> > Semih Ozlem <semihozlemlinuxuser@gmail.com>, 17 Ağu 2020 Pzt, 21:03
> > tarihinde şunu yazdı:
> >
> > > Sorry for the trailing list of emails, I just realized the firewall was
> > > preventing the connection. After disabling ssh connection works. However I
> > > would like to ask how I can configure firewall so that I can have ssh
> > > working, instead of simply disabling it.
> > >

> Per default SSH uses port '22' with the protocol 'tcp'.
>
> So you need to open that inbound port!

I'm guessing the issue was the *outbound* connection on the client, and
that the firewall in question is on the Windows client.

It's amazing how many emails this person sends and how incredibly lacking
in detail each one is.