Re: Problems with Asus tuf gaming A15

On Sb, 15 aug 20, 11:27:43, Duval Coetzer wrote:
> Hello I have problems with the Debian distro in general with the A15 gaming
> laptop. I have tried all major Debian distros like Ubuntu Mint Kali and even
> Debian itself. The problem as such is after successful install of the
> operating system , at boot I get an error which keeps me from booting. I
> have tried setting the nouveau modeset= 0 and nomodeset=0 which causes it to
> load further than my initial error but I still dont reach the GUI. I am
> running dual graphics and I tried updating the software by going into the
> terminal after hitting another error but it still doesnt boot. Please help.
> The only opperating system I can run at the moment is Opensuse Tumbleweed.

Possibly some non-free firmware is missing. You can check with

    dmesg | grep -i firmware

If there are error messages about missing firmware files search for the
exact filename on https://packages.debian.org.

Odds are you must install firmware-misc-nonfree, it seems to contain
lots of NVidia firmware.

Kind regards,
Andrei