Re: Recommendation for filesystem for USB external drive for backups

On Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 09:32:13PM +0000, ghe2001 wrote:
Two for sure and put them in a RAID1 -- formatted ext4. And watch that
mdstat.

And a third or fourth to see if you can get ZFS going.

For playing around with tech, sure: for part of a mundane, reliable
backup strategy for the OP, and as an external, hot-pluggable drive,
I disagree, RAID is not a good idea for this use-case.

--

PS your sig-separator is broken (missing ' ' after '--')

--
Please do not CC me, I am subscribed to the list.

👱🏻	Jonathan Dowland
✎	 jmtd@debian.org
🔗	https://jmtd.net