Re: is there a way to corrupt the BIOS and/or the keybord on you laptop from the Internet? ...

Albretch Mueller writes:

 I found those links but not thorough Information:

[...]

 I browse the Internet using a USB wifi dongle and Windows and then
take out the drive and use Linux for my own business.

 I removed the network and bluetooth cards, as well as the wireless
antenna of that laptop, but I still notice that when I writing both
code and on to the shell characters are miswritten or not written at
all or apparently charaters get written in "temperamental" ways that
hit to some "memory"/"intelligence".

 I also know that keyboards have internal memory chips.

[...]

 How can you reset/wipe the keyboard controller?

 How could this be explained "technically"?

 What do you think might be "technically" going on?

Technically, I would think that you are experiencing either a hardware fault
or a driver issue. I know that on my laptop, there is an issue wrt. some
keys endlessly repeating under certain cirumstances and I have always
thought it to be an issue regarding the driver rather than the BIOS' fault.
I could not reproduce the issue outside Linux, but it only happens
occasionally thus not sure if it is that.

On desktop keyboards (mechanical ones...) I have experienced key chatter
(duplicate keys when pressed once) but these were always hardware faults
most likely caused by dust.

That being said if somehow your BIOS or other firmware were corrputed it
would be quite unlikely to be fixable for less than getting new hardware.
On some (new and expensive?) Desktop systems, there are dedicated buttons
to use a different BIOS located on a separate chip but I have never seen
such a thing for laptops...

HTH
Linux-Fan