Re: aptitude problem with control file (in stretch)

On 8/5/20 6:29 PM, Sven Joachim wrote:

I am not sure I understand what you actually want to do, though.

I am maintaining a set of meta packages, referencing the packages
to install on my hosts. To avoid having separate meta packages for
each new Debian version I have to use conditional dependencies, like

Package: sample-setup
Architecture: all
Depends: ${misc:Depends}
	, sample-setup-chroot
	:
	, nvme-cli | base-files ( << 9 )
	:

Meaning nvme-cli has to be installed for Debian 9 or newer.

This package

Package: sample-lxc
Architecture: all
Depends: ${misc:Depends}
	, cgmanager | systemd
	, debootstrap
	, lxc
	, lxc-templates | lxc ( << 3 )
:

did not work as expected (IMHO), apparently because (1:2 << 3) = false.

Regards
Harri