Re: aptitude problem with control file (in stretch)

On 8/5/20 11:03 AM, Sven Joachim wrote:

I am surprised to read that, considering that your installed lxc version
does not actually fulfill the dependency.  Note the epoch.

$ dpkg --compare-versions 1:2.0.11-1~xgo90+1 lt 3 || echo 'Got it!'
Got it!

Maintaining the sample-lxc package I have no influence upon
other packages introducing new epoch numbers. Upstream moved
the templates into a separate github repository for lxc
version 3, so its unreasonable to consider Debian's epoch
number for package dependencies in this case.

How can I express this dependency upon lxc's upstream version
number in my control file, ignoring the epoch number?

This is just out of interest. The workaround for my package
is obvious.

Regards
Harri