Re: Homebuilt NAS Advice

Leslie Rhorer wrote:

> A few copies of what size?  The backup server is an exact mirror of the
> main server, plus several T of additional files I don't need on the main
> server.

The question is how much back in time you can go. If you have just a
mirror - it is one copy, so you can go one step back only.

I don't argue about your approach, it is your design, your servers, but in
your case I would use definitely deduplication.
If you have a problem with data transfer - use fiber, by that volume of data
10G is a must.