Re: System time instantly wrong when network lost

On Wed, Aug 05, 2020 at 07:57:07AM -0400, Carl wrote:
Optimum Online is out here (Long Island). When I lost internet service, system
time almost instantly switched to December 13, 2017 at 00:00 or so. If I
connect the computer via my phone hotspot, NTP corrects the time rather
quickly. As soon as I turn off the hotspot, it reverts to 2017.

It's getting that time from something. What's the "or so"--is it always the exact same time, or is it increasing? Check your syslog to see if there's an entry for what program is setting the time.