Re: Lenovo S205 boot

On Tue, Aug 04, 2020 at 07:04:13PM +0200, Sven Hoexter wrote:
so far I can only confirm that the grub installation fails with
both stable and testing. It seems something is at odds with writing
the efivars. I did not yet get around to try again if I can switch
the installation back to using grub-legacy somehow.

I would not mind going back to Wheezy, if necessary.

I envisioned the notebook machine for composition tasks when away from
the office; so about the only software I would be using is Emacs,
xdvi, and a dictionary, along with something such as rsync or scp or
git to transfer new material back to the desktop upon return to the
office.  The notebook is much preferable to pen and paper.

RLH