Re: [OT] Remote SSH (dynamic IP) without third-party server

On Monday, August 03, 2020 04:38:13 PM Charles Curley wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Aug 2020 15:18:46 -0400
> > In a case like that, just contact an external web site that tells you
> > what your externally visible IP address is.  There are many of them.
> > Mine is <http://wooledge.org/myip.cgi>.
>
> Ah, now you are back to using an external server, which the OP would
> like to avoid.

I have an aggravating headache, which keeps me from thinking very clearly
(that may be the case all the time ;-), and I don't recall if anybody else
suggested it, but emails that I receive in kmail (via pop3) show the external
IP address in the last "Received" header.

If I set up something like an auto responder, or even if I looked at those
emails in the google webmail thingie, I could presumably get the external IP
address.