Re: Bash question hard to formulate

<tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 03, 2020 at 12:47:32AM -0400, songbird wrote:
>>=20
>>   i'm not familiar with that problem but another tip
>> which is helpful when dealing with a terminal that
>> gets into a strange state is to press return then
>> type in reset and press return again.
>
> Typing return when you have already half-a-command line
> (and are not sure what it is) is somewhat dangerous.
>
> That's OK, it can be a life style. Be sure to keep some
> backups around, then :-)

  haha, yeah...  with github these days my more recent
projects are being backed up "off site" so i'm not too
worried about the most recent changes not being
available to me in case of a severe crash.  but i do
also keep backups.

  Ctrl-C can also be used to cancel a command in progress.
:)  i'm not often typing dangerous commands into the
terminal, especially one which is in an odd state.

  songbird