Re: Bash question hard to formulate

On Sun, Aug 02, 2020 at 05:34:07PM +0200, Esteban L wrote:
> Hello,

[...]

> Maybe best description is:
>
> I am tying this senten
>
> <receive new input here from the terminal>
>
> ce, and it's fine...but i
>
> <receive new input>
>
> I backspace now, as I want to replace the above line "and it's fine" and
> what comes after it to change it to "it's not fine"
>

> So, best description is, if i backspace upon receiving new data, I
> cannot see the line that I was typing.

Apart from The Wanderer's good suggestion, there's always CTRL-L, which
redisplays the typed-line-so-far clearing out everything else (this may
be desired or not).

This will work in other (terminal-ish) contexts, like vi(m) or more/less,
cleaning up when the terminal and the program behind it get confused.

Cheers
-- t