Re: Are the assigned capacities sufficient for my setup?

Leslie Rhorer wrote:
> On 7/29/2020 11:38 AM, Charlie Gibbs wrote:
> > As for partition sizing, I set up my machines with three partitions:
> > /, /home, and swap.
>
> 	I don't implement a separate partition for /home.  Instead, I place it on
> my data array where it gets backed up nightly

This may be a problem for the original poster, who has only
admitted to a laptop, nothing else.

> RAID 1 array formatted as ext2.  Since /boot almost never gets written,
> there is no need for journalling.  That leaves a full 98G for / on a pair of

I don't understand why you think journalling takes an excessive
amount of space, or why you would go out of your way to turn it
off. Ever. Turning off safety mechanisms is generally not
something anyone should advocate without a big flashing warning
sign.

-dsr-