Re: [OT] Remote SSH (dynamic IP) without third-party server

Title: -

Regarding the following, written by "tomas@tuxteam.de" on 2020-08-01 at 09:39 Uhr +0200:

Hm. For Tox I can't say very much (besides that they do have a Client and a Core components, which seems to suggest that you need some well-known instance out there where the cliens do a rendez-vous.

Jami uses SIP, and that implies there is some "SIP routing machinery" (i.e. at least one well-known address) out there to coordinate [1].

Both Tox and Jami use a technology called distributed hash tables to map names to numbers, and the technology would be suitable for the OP's needs, but I don't know of any implementation for SSH.

--
.''`. martin f. krafft @martinkrafft
: :' : proud Debian developer

"we did rate the microsoft security researcher as less-bad than the
people who prepare the carcasses for dissection in biology
laboratories."
-- michael moyer, executive editor of _popular science_