Re: [Interim Solution] Re: FOSS equivalents of *OLD* database and spreadsheet tools?

On 7/30/20 5:21 AM, Eric S Fraga wrote:

On Wednesday, 29 Jul 2020 at 04:40, Richard Owlett wrote:
On 07/27/2020 10:13 AM, Eric S Fraga wrote:
You may wish to have a look at recutils:
A database is over-kill for some personal preferences.

I had mentioned spreadsheets in original post as I had visualized a
I am confused. You also mentioned databases and specifically SQL for
querying databases.

Yes, indeed - it sure seems like SQL will be necessary for either querying,
or importing from, databases of nutritional content.  Building the app around
and SQL engine - say SQL Lite - would seem to make a lot of sense.

Anything else, and some kind of converter will be needed.

Miles Fidelman

In practice, there is.  .... Yogi Berra

Theory is when you know everything but nothing works.
Practice is when everything works but no one knows why.
In our lab, theory and practice are combined:
nothing works and no one knows why.  ... unknown