Re: Any success with /var on ZFS in Debian Buster?

elvis wrote:

> On 29/7/20 11:56 pm, Dan Ritter wrote:
> > James Allsopp wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > I was wondering if anyone had enjoyed any success putting /var on a ZFS
> > > partition in Debian Buster?
> > Yes, on a largish number of servers plus a few desktops and a
> > laptop.
>
> And a follow up, why do you use it?

- data integrity
- snapshots and zfs send/receive for backups
- good reporting of disk events
- does not incur an unacceptable speed penalty
- well documented, relatively simple method of disk replacement
- pools can be transferred between machines without specific
  controller requirements
- flexibility of filesystems-on-pools

And because I have that experience at work, I am reasonably
happy to run it at home on the systems where it makes sense.

-dsr-