Need help with PATH variable (i3/debian buster)

Hello,

I got some strange behavior with my PATH variable and maybe somebody
here can help me with this.

When I use no display manager like lightdm, I start i3 via startx in
the console. If I do this dmenu and rofi are using my personal $PATH
variable. For example it includes "$HOME/.local/bin". But when I
use a display manager, dmenu and rofi do no longer have my personal
$PATH entries. How can I change this behavior?

I've tried to find a solution for this but didn't found one. Maybe
someone here know exactly what to do.

Greetings,

Benedikt