Re: Are the assigned capacities sufficient for my setup?

Hello,

On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 08:53:57PM +0000, gajuph4pre@yahoo.com wrote:
> I have manually partitioned my hard disk drive as follows:
>
> /boot is assigned 200MB
> /root is assigned 10GB
> /swap is assigned 20GB
> /home is assigned 35GB
> /var is assigned 10GB
> /usr is assigned 5GB
> /usr-local is assigned 5GB
> /opt is assigned 5GB
> /srv is assigned 5GB

This is a terrible idea. It's near impossible to predict how your
usage will evolve so almost certainly one or more of these will fill
while others remain near empty.

If you want to do this, use LVM and pick minimal capacities for all
the above, leaving the majority unallocated. You can then grow
logical volumes as needed and the problem goes away.

Cheers,
Andy