Re: Capture screen with mencoder

Nicolas George <george@nsup.org> writes:

> Rodolfo Medina (12020-07-28):
>>		      How can I modify the above command so to capture
>> desktop screen instead (with audio)?
>

> mencoder does not support capturing the desktop. You may manage to tweak
> it to enable libavdevice, but it is completely unsupported, and you
> would have it easier using ffmpeg directly. Anyway, nowadays, using
> mencoder is not recommended except for DVDs.

Thanks...  The reason why I wanted to use mencoder instead of ffmpeg is that
with the latter, when I tried to capture webcam and audio together, especially
with my old laptop (but partially also with my new desktop pc), I've been
banged against `a sea of troubles': sync problems, video freezing, video
stuttering, background noise, output interrupted... whereas with mencoder and
the command I posted above everything went fine at first try.  So that, with
desktop capture, I had to give up the idea of recording video and audio
together and am recording them separately...

Regards,

Rodolfo