Re: Are the assigned capacities sufficient for my setup?

On 29/7/20 8:45 am, Andrew Cater wrote:
The only other thing I'd add - if you're planning to dual boot a machine - allow both operating systems enough space. The machine on which I'm typing this has a 256G disk. It came to me with Windows 10 and I retained a Windows partition to do manufacturer's updates and so on. I gave the Windows partition 30G and thought that would be fine. Not so: I had to resize the partition after the fact and 40G has proved fine. Fortunately, I had no data to save but it's worth thinking about.

40G seems like a minimum. I think win needs more space than shows when closed to work. Swap files spring to mind.

--
Keith Bainbridge

keith.bainbridge.3216@gmail.com

0447 667 468