Systemd leaves uninterruptible processes

Hi,

Since the past month or so, systemd leaves systemd-user-runtime-dir
processes in an uninterruptible state, apparently after cleaning up
after a user sessions exits; I'm running XFCE4 with Lightdm, and thus I
get at least a hanging process trying to stop
user-runtime-dir@117.service, but they also appear after scheduled
cleanups for the 'news' user.

Consequently, my system load increases every day after reboot.

I tried googling, but unfortunately the terms I can come up with only
give generic information. How can I find out why these processes keep
hanging?

(Weirdly, my own user session cleans up perfectly fine)

Mart

--- AJS, quoting an uncertain source.