Re: FOSS equivalents of *OLD* database and spreadsheet tools?

On 7/27/20 9:59 PM, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:

Somebody wrote:
<that would have been me>
But... isn't the tool the least of your problems?  The big one being,
where are you going to get your nutritional database. (Seems to me that
most of what Weight Watchers and Noom do is collect data on millions of
products.)
 From my records in my free format database (which would not be suitable for
your program (at least not in its present condition), some notes on available
databases.

 From "USDA databases" Thu Sep 08 06:57:41 2016
Date: 09/08/16 06:57 am
Subject: USDA databases

<snip>

What a great list of databases!  Thanks for posting this.  Who knew?

Miles Fidelman

In practice, there is.  .... Yogi Berra

Theory is when you know everything but nothing works.
Practice is when everything works but no one knows why.
In our lab, theory and practice are combined:
nothing works and no one knows why.  ... unknown