Re: Slow wifi-reconnection when waking up

>> You could set up networkmanager so that it ignores the ethernet port.
>> That should save you some time.
>>
>> See;
>> https://developer.gnome.org/NetworkManager/stable/NetworkManager.conf.html
>>
>> In particular the 'keyfile section' and 'ifupdown section', which detail
>> methods by which network interface devices can be ignored.
>
> Are you saying that you suffer from the same problem?
> Are you all seeing this ridiculous 20s delay before NM even tries to
> reconnect to your wifi?

I have no idea how to fix your problem.  I do use NM though, and my wifi
is already connected in the time I unlock after my laptop has been
sleeping overnight.

> To be clear, I consider the current behavior I see as a *bug*, so I'd
> rather not try and come up with kludges to work around it, but would
> prefer to "fix it for good" by finding the origin of the problem (which
> I assume is some misconfiguration somewhere on my side, probably due to
> the fact that these are Debian testing systems that have been upgraded
> without any clean reinstall over more than 10 years).

I use stable.

The UI I use to manage NM shows a "Priority" field for each connection.
My wired connection has a priority of -100, and the wifi has a priority
of 0.  It documents that connections with higher priority are
"preferred".  In the nmcli c show output, this is the
connection.autoconnect-priority attribute.  Perhaps you can see what
these values are set to for you and whether adjusting these improves
things.

--
regards,
kushal