Re: Problem with mirrors in a 10.4.0 install

On 21/07/20 12:05 AM, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
Does the wget command (without the grep) part work?

Thanks Andrei,

You've definitely pointed me in the right direction.

On another host, I ran the installer command:
wget --no-verbose http://mirrors.edge.kernel.org/debian/dists/buster/Release -O - grep -E '^(Suite|Codename|Architectures):'
It worked fine, with a response:
Suite: stable
Codename: Buster
Architectures: amd64 arm64 armel armhf i386 mips mips64el mipsel etc

Running the same command in a console on the installer produced a different result:
Unable to connect to host (or something similar)

So I checked the DNS setting and sure enough one digit was off.
Problem solved.

	Muchas Gracias,

	Bill

--