Re: Using Debian OS to bundle and sell our product

On 2020-07-20 20:19, Kamal wrote:
          I'm Kamalakannan from Zoho Corporation Pvt Ltd. We build cloud apps and we have a plan to bundle our application in a laptop with debian OS and sell it to custmers with our product bundle over debian OS.

We want to know whether it is allowed as per debian's policy or not. Is there any license we need to purchase to sell our product with debian OS installed laptops ?

See:

https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-faq/redistributing.en.html

Compliance with FOSS licenses should not be too hard, so long as incompatibilities are avoided (such as GPL and CDDL). But, compliance with national and international treaties, laws, and regulations is likely to be cost-prohibitive. Distributing only the application may be be cost-effective. Your company will want to retain a qualified attorney or law firm in any case.

David