Re: Using Debian OS to bundle and sell our product

On Ma, 21 iul 20, 08:49:17, Kamal wrote:
> Hi Debian Team,

Dear Kamal,

This is the user support forum, mostly read by other users. You might
want to re-post your question to debian-project.

>          I'm Kamalakannan from Zoho Corporation Pvt Ltd. We build
> cloud apps and we have a plan to bundle our application in a laptop
> with debian OS and sell it to custmers with our product bundle over
> debian OS.

Great :)

> We want to know whether it is allowed as per debian's policy or not.
> Is there any license we need to purchase to sell our product with
> debian OS installed laptops ?

Debian is free of charge to use, change, distribute and even sell at a
price of your chosing[1].

A significant part of the software in Debian is licenced under the GNU
General Public License (GPL), which requires that all your customers
have access to the source code of all GPL software. See the GPL for
details.

It should be possible to bundle Debian with proprietary software.

In any case, you should consult a lawyer familiar with copyright law in
your jurisdiction.

[1] technically you are selling the medium it is on.

Kind regards,
Andrei