Re: psu or firmware?

On 18/07/2020 21:47, Stefan Monnier wrote:
New batteries for a Dell Vostro 1520 seem to run around $30 (according
to a quick search for "battery dell vostro 1520").
Adding "site:co.uk" to the query seems to indicate prices are more in
the £40-50 range in the UK.

Most of the ones on Amazon are less than that. I've just bought one for £21.99 - a Chinese clone of the original, I imagine. I shall see if that does it or it turns out to be an onboard regulator or similar, in which case I guess I give up on it.

Graham