Re: Installation Problem

Vlad Dragomir wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thank you all for all those great responses, I'm definitely grateful.
>
> Dan, I followed your instructions, please tell me if this is the expected output, I'll try to transcribe everything:
> Network controller: Intel Corporation Wireless 8260 (rev 3a)
>
> Would you please tell me what to do next?

Good news. This adapter is well-supported. It does need a
non-free firmware blob, which is packaged as firmware-iwlwifi.

The curious thing is, the install disc that you downloaded
should have that package.

Anyway. Grab
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/firmware/buster/current/

and uncompress one of those three archives on a USB stick; when
the installer asks you if you have a removable disk with drivers
or firmware, plug it in.

Around the middle of the install, the installer will ask you
what Debian repositories to enable. In addition to selecting
security updates, add non-free.

-dsr-