Intel NUC beeping capabilities

Hello all,

I'm considering to aquire an Intel NUC mini PC, probably the NUC10i5FNKPA model, and install GNU/Linux on it. However, due to a visual empairment, I'd like to be sure it can beep as soon as a boot loader, like grub, displays its boot menu for choosing an operating system in a dual boot environment.

As you know, desktop computers normally come with an internal, serial component which serves as a speaker to beep in case of hardware failures, but can also be used for other purposes. According to the suport article at https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005854/intel-nuc.html , the NUC mini PCs are capable of beeping as well. However, because the internal speaker is not a standard serial component as in a desktop, it may not beep when e.g. you issue a Linux shell command like "tput bel". Also, some boot loaders like grub have a "play" command, which you can put in a file like grub.cfg, in order for it to beep when it reaches the boot menu for choosing an OS.

So, before I buy a NUC, could anyone please do test and report whether it beeps? Such test can be done in one or more of three ways: * Switch to a pure console, issue the command "tput bel", then hear whether it beeps; * Boot the NUC using a Debian netinst image, and hear whether it beeps as soon as the boot starts. The netinst images are prepared to beep, as explained here:
https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/ch05s02.en.html
* Finally, if you have a dual boot environment, with grub as you boot loader, you could put a play command inside your grub.cfg config file, then reboot and hear whether it beeps at the boot menu.

Thanks in advance,Cleverson