Re: problem with GeForce GTX 1050

David Bridgham wrote:
> A few kernels back, I started having a problem with my video driver (or
> Xorg or something).?? On booting, it has stopped recognizing that I have
> two monitors connected to my video card, an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050.??
> Additionally, even with the remaining monitor that it does see, it
> doesn't see it properly.?? It doesn't see that it displays 2560x1600 and
> seems to just default back to some generic VGA display.
>
> The xrandr output stops reporting that there are DVI-D-1 and HDMI-1
> outputs etc, showing only Screen.

Show the output to us, please?

> I have no idea which package this might be a bug in, (the kernel, Xorg,
> the Radeon driver?) so I don't know how to submit a bug report or even

You shouldn't have the Radeon driver installed at all. That's
for a different manufacturer's boards.

You should have either nouveau or NVidia drivers installed.
Nouveau is open source. NVidia is closed-source.

Together with that, you need the Kernel Modesetting driver.

I suspect what you're seeing is a lack of correct driver,
leading to a fallback to VESA standards.

-dsr-