Re: systemd-nspawn networking inside VirtualBox VM

On Wed, Jul 08, 2020 at 07:20:18AM +0200, Alexandre Rossi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > > since I am not well educated about macvlan, ipvlan, I could not get the
> > > networking working at all. I would like to avoid using
> > > "systemd-networkd/systemd-resolvd" especially on the Buster host - using those
> > > it seems should make everything work automagically.
> >
> > If you realy want to do the networking yourself, you will need to create
> > the bridge based on the examples found in '/lib/systemd/network'.
>
> I've had success declaring a bridge in /etc/network/interfaces:
>
>     iface br0 inet dhcp
>         bridge_ports eth0 # this is your VM Ethernet
>
> and launching my containers with:
>
>     $ cat /etc/systemd/nspawn/container.nspawn
>     [Exec]
>     Boot=yes
>
>     [Network]
>     Bridge=br0
>     $ sudo machinectl start container

I tried this as well. Looks like some specific problem for my setup.

> Alex

I have decided not to pursue this anymore, I need to get things done so will put
this off till I have proper resources and time.

Thanks for all the help to everyone.

Kind regards,
Didar

--
Put your brain in gear before starting your mouth in motion.