Re: sources.list for security

On Du, 05 iul 20, 08:14:28, Pierre Frenkiel wrote:
> hi,
>
> I found several proposals for thre security entry
>
> deb http://security.debian.org/ buster/updates main contrib non-free
> deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates main contrib non-free

[fixed wrapping]

> deb http://deb.debian.org/debian-security/ buster/updates main
>
> which one must be chosen?

According to https://security.debian.org (redirects to
https://www.debian.org/security) the second entry is correct.

The first one seems to point to the same place as far as I can tell
(didn't look very deep though).

The third entry appears to be an alternate distribution channel and also
supports https (in case it matters to you).

I'm using the third, mostly for consistency with the other entries.
Updated packages have been available as soon as the DSA was sent to
debian-security-announce.

The 'component' part ('main', etc.) should always match your other
repositories.

[Rant]
It's confusing that Debian has several schemes for URLs and suites, e.g.
compare:

    http://security.debian.org/ buster/updates main

with

    http://deb.debian.org/debian buster-updates main

It would be less confusing if all repositories had the same URL and used
only the 'suite' part to distinguish them ('stable', 'stable-security',
etc.).

Hopping this will be fixed for 'bullseye'...

(this message is BCCd to Security and FTPMaster teams)

Kind regards,
Andrei