Re: sources.list for security

Am 05. Jul, 2020 schwätzte Pierre Frenkiel so:

moin moin Pierre,

I found several proposals for thre security entry

deb http://security.debian.org/ buster/updates main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates main contrib non-free
deb http://deb.debian.org/debian-security/ buster/updates main

which one must be chosen?

Here's what I have in my security file, which was grepped out of
/etc/apt/source.list.

$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/security.list deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates main contrib
deb-src http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates main
contrib

$ grep secu /etc/apt/sources.list
# deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates main contrib
# deb-src http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates main contrib

I'm not using non-free, so don't need that.

If I recall correctly, this system was a Buster install rather than an
upgrade to Buster.

I keep security resources in a seperate file in order to do security-only
updates.

ciao,

der.hans

best regards,

Pierre Frenkiel

--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com   https://www.PhxLinux.org
#  "Who decided that holders of government-granted monopolies should